Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Falcons and Woolf and Slumdogs, Oh my!

This past Saturday we went through the AFI's 100 greatest movie list and added the movies I have not seen to our Netflix list. And there's this new fandangled technology where we can watch it through the Playstation through the internet. So we got to get started on watching movies! Yay! The Maltese Falcon and Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf. LOVED The Maltese Falcon. Why? Because there are some good one liners. And who knew that boinking your partner's wife was an okay subject in movies back then. Love Noir. I recommend it. Now, Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf...that's another story. I didn't hate it, but, we didn't know what the hell was going on. We actually, the nerds we are, had to look up summaries on line. I will say, Elizabeth Taylor, wow, actresses could learn a lot from her role in that movie. Totally unrelated to my list...we saw Slumdog Millionaire Sunday. AMAZING! I know why it won so many awards. If you have not seen it you are missing one of the best movies I've seen in years. See it, see it, see it! Back to my to do list...Can't wait to watch more movies on the AFI list, especially the older ones. Hopefully they are as entertaining as the Maltese Falcon.

No comments:

Post a Comment