Wednesday, September 15, 2010

10 Months Later...

It has been almost a year since I have written anything. I worked on my list throughout the year though. Unfortunately I didn't finish the Nanowrimo...but that's ok, because I have a story idea that I have been working on for a couple of months. I'm excited about it and it has kept my interest since April, which is a good sign. I have this November and next to finish out the challenge...Come on November!
I also made all my Christmas presents last year! Yay! Perhaps some of them were cheating...I had canned some jams in the summer and used those. BUT...I also made some yummy-delicious-I-can't-wait-till-I-can-make-it-again-this-year cranberry ketchup! The cherry chutney was good as well. My favorite present was a stuffed elephant for my niece. I found an old wool sweater at the thrift store and thought I could do something fun with it. I think I succeeded...


My other two favorite gifts were the two bomber hats I made my niece and nephew.


I am already starting to think of things to make this year. I took a sewing class and feel a little more comfortable reading patterns. I am going to attempt to make some gifts that will put my sewing class to use. Unfortunately, there will be no jams this year as my garden did horribly.
However, I can still make cranberry ketchup...and that's all that really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment